ABOUT SEAMOR MARINE
SEAMOR Marine Ltd. is the manufacturer of subsea observation and inspection-class remotely operated vehicles (ROVs) and a range of modular accessories and related devices.
Our facilities are situated on Vancouver Island, on Canada’s west coast. Our company’s focus is on the design, manufacturing and distribution of SEAMOR ROV systems.
SEAMOR Marine Ltd. and its global network of sales agents are at your disposal to answer questions, and provide top quality customer service. In addition to responsive technical services, we offer comprehensive and customizable client training, and service packages for the repair and maintenance of our products.
Job Position – Inventory & Purchasing Coordinator
SEAMOR Marine Ltd. is one of Canada’s premier Remotely Operated Vehicle (ROV) designers and manufacturers of light to mid size underwater systems.
Our expertise has enabled the company to sell systems worldwide to various companies providing a variety of inspection services with our ROV systems.
Based in Nanaimo, British Columbia, SEAMOR Marine is a privately owned company.
This position will be responsible for managing inventory, researching suppliers, making recommendations on purchases, and ordering parts and products.
- Execute purchasing strategies.
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness.
- Craft negotiation strategies and close deals with optimal terms.
- Partner with stakeholders to ensure requirements are documented clearly.
- Forecast price and market trends to identify changes of balance in buyer-supplier power.
- Perform cost and scenario analysis, and benchmarking.
- Seek and partner with reliable vendors and suppliers.
- Coordinate the quantity and timing of deliveries based on the company’s deadlines and needs.
- Monitor and forecast upcoming levels of demand.
- Receive and process incoming goods in a timely manner.
- Assess shipments received and document any findings (i.e. partial shipments, substitutions, damaged products etc.).
- File documents and act on findings according to procedures (QC inspection, quarantines, purchasing notification, etc.).
- Distribute goods to their respective areas.
- Inventory Coordination
- Compile and maintain electronic and hard copy records of type, quantity, and value of materials, equipment, merchandise and supplies stocked in the controlled Inventory areas.
- Ensure the count of equipment, material, and supplies in stock are up to date and record totals to keep inventory record accurate.
- Reconcile figures from records, such as production records, sales orders or purchase invoices to obtain current inventory.
- Verify computer records with physical inventory count; investigate and report reasons for discrepancies. Propose strategies to reduce discrepancies in future.
- Assist FYE inventory count(s).
- Maintain files on the receipt of equipment, merchandise or disbursement of material, or supplies and cost.
- Prepare reports on price lists, inventory balance, and shortages.
- Stock and issue(kitting) of merchandise or materials for Production and Service requirements.
- Use proper packing materials and methods for all shipments leaving SEAMOR, create detailed packing list(s) and cross reference with Customer PO and QA sign off sheet.
- Ensure that shipping documents are signed off and filed as per procedure
- Digitize and/or file hard copy records as required.
- Review packing materials for usability and performance.
- Ensure materials used are of appropriate standards and are accompanied by the correct certification if required.
- Research and be knowledgeable on customs requirements for all international shipments.
- Ensure all shipping information labels are made and placed to meet shipping and insurance standards.
Education: Post-secondary degree or diploma in relevant program is a definite asset (Business Administration, etc.)
Experience: Minimum of 5 years experience in Procurement
Skills & Knowledge:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Professional, pleasant and friendly phone manner
- Extremely well organized with the ability to keep meticulous records and filing systems
- Self motivated, energetic and the ability to multi-task
- Detail oriented
- Able to work independently and problem solve
- Able to function as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- Strong MS Office, word, excel and outlook knowledge
- Able to lift, push or pull 50-100 lbs on a regular basis
- Hold a current Class 5 license and a clean driving abstract
- Certification of electric/propane powered forklift, electric pallet jack/stand-up reach forklift is preferred.
- Completion of a criminal record check
SEAMOR Marine Ltd. offers a competitive compensation and benefits package in a fast-paced work environment. We are looking for innovative, forward-thinking people who enjoy challenge and actively seek to develop and improve designs and work processes.
Please send Cover Letter, Resume & Referrals to
Job Type: Full-time
Post Secondary Co-op Opportunities
Post Secondary Co-op Opportunities
SEAMOR Marine welcomes co-op inquiries at any time. We will review applicants and proposed areas of development on a case-by-case basis.
Manon Prairie joined SEAMOR Marine during the Summer of 2017. As a third year Mechanical Engineering student at McGill University, Manon was eager to get hands-on experience at a robotics company.
“As the Production Planner and Coordinator Assistant, I monitored stock levels, bought parts when necessary and passed components on to be assembled by the Production staff or experimented with by the Engineers. I was able to work closely with vendors, obtaining quotes and organizing delivery schedules, learning how to establish the professional relationships that are so important in a career. Working for a small company also allowed me to gain a more practical knowledge of every step a product takes before it reaches the customers—from the initial design phase, to the production of the finished product and the financial implications of the entire project. My colleagues at SEAMOR were all very kind and knowledgeable, always ready to answer my questions. They demonstrated the importance of collaboration, communication and strong leadership while working through engineering projects. By the end of my short time at SEAMOR Marine, I felt that I had really become a valued member of the team. As I move forward in my career and continue to develop my skills, I know I shall always look back on my time here fondly.”
ABOUT OUR ROVS
SEAMOR ROVs are designed to maximize the adaptability, portability, reliability, and ease of use.
Our ROV systems are designed with the end-user in mind. The modular, open-frame layout allows for ease of access into the “guts” of the vehicle, which also aids in the integration of equipment such as the SEAMOR 7 function manipulator system (7 H-Arm), tooling, navigational aids and inspection sensors.
SEAMOR ROV users count on the reliability of our vehicles and enjoy the minimal maintenance needed to keep their systems functioning smoothly.
EVOLUTION OF SEAMOR ROVS
SEAMOR Marine has been designing and developing ROVs for a decade. Over this time, we have prototyped and successfully launched several different models and iterations of our ROVs. We are proud to showcase our previous designs to demonstrate what we’ve done and how our ROVs have evolved over the years.
Our deep-water ROV, the Chinook is a true workhorse. This ROV offers a stable platform yet remains compact and easy to use. The Chinook has a wide range of capabilities, including extra thrusters, navigational and searching aids, manipulators, tool skids and more.
The first fully redesigned ROV at SEAMOR; the Steelhead is a portable, lightweight and stable underwater system that is easily operated through intuitive flight controls. Its small profile allows this vehicle to inspect confined spaces and be easily stowed.
This ROV incorporates 1080p high definition video and a custom float paint scheme to match the colours of the client’s existing equipment as it is being used in public educational display.
This design was a proof-of-concept miniature ROV system employing electronics that were the precursors to the newly-revised electronics currently used in the Steelhead and Chinook models.
Miniature ROV designed with titanium parts and all-metal body construction as a prototype for corrosive environments.
This ROV was a custom system built using side frames machined out of single pieces of marine-grade plastic. This system also had Ethernet on board for an imaging sonar.
This unique system was developed to be towed behind a boat, while retaining vertical/lateral thrusters for maneuvering at the end of its towline.