– Sea Technology (July 2015)
Please refer to the information on the tabs below for details on how SEAMOR can help you.
Custom service packages are available – if you have a specific need, be sure to ask. Thank you!
– SEAMOR System Training at Our Facility
– SEAMOR System Training Anywhere in North America
– SEAMOR System Training Anywhere Outside of North America
– Custom Training Packages
This warranty is limited solely to the repair or replacement of the defective SEAMOR components at our facility. If a component is found to be defective during the period of this warranty, SEAMOR Marine Ltd., at its discretion, reserves the right to repair or replace the defective component or to refund the original purchase price.
All damages to your SEAMOR system that may be a result of shipment must be claimed within 10 days of delivery. This is not an unconditional guarantee against all hazards or failures and the Limitations and Exclusions listed below apply.
On-site warranty repair is available at additional cost but is not covered by this limited warranty.
In no event shall SEAMOR Marine Ltd. be liable for more than the original purchase price of the defective SEAMOR system. SEAMOR Marine Ltd. shall not be liable for any damage or harm, nor for any exemplary, special, punitive, consequential or incidental damages, including but not limited to any loss of revenue, profit or use resulting thereby.
Limitations and Exclusions
This limited warranty does not include:
- Damage caused by improper use and / or maintenance, incorrect reassembly and/or accidental damage
- Items subject to normal wear including but not limited to camera or light lenses, flotation shells, propellers, protective frames, umbilical and other cables unless found to be defective in workmanship or materials
- Modification made to your SEAMOR System without prior written authorization from SEAMOR Marine Ltd.
- Damage due to incorrect power connection as described in the User’s Manual
- Damage or failure that is caused by acts of God, acts of war, or other such occurrences beyond SEAMOR Marine’s control.
Non-warranty repairs for your SEAMOR system or any of its modular components or parts are available at an authorized SEAMOR service center or at the corporate manufacturing facility.
Steps for Non-Warranty Repair:
- Call or email SEAMOR Marine for an RMA number. With the RMA number, you will also receive shipping instructions. Follow the instructions to limit customs delays or excessive shipping charges.
- Document a brief explanation of how the damage occurred and what the events were pre- and post-failure or malfunction. Take pictures if necessary.
- Ship your system or module(s) for repair.
- Upon arrival, your repair will be evaluated and repaired as required. With the acceptance of an RMA, up to 500 USD in repair value will be done without authorization unless otherwise requested by the client. After this value, the client will be contacted with an evaluation for pre-authorization.
- When your system is repaired, it will be returned as per the shipping details. All shipping and freight charges are the responsibility of the client for non-warranty repair items.
Rinse off your tether with clean water after use, and then remove all excess water by gently wringing it out (use your hand and pass the tether through your fingers as you wind it back onto the reel). Also make sure to wind the tether on neatly and layer it carefully onto the reel so that it lays nicely and avoids getting tangled when you need to use it next.
Do not hose off the reel itself!
Always make sure that you take precautions so that you do not bend or kink your tether. Kinking a tether damages it, and can lead to expensive repairs, especially for fibre optic tethers.
Wind and unwind your tether from the reel carefully, watch out for cleats on the deck or other obstacles which the tether could get caught on, make sure not to get it snagged during ROV operation, and definitely don’t step on it!
Whether you use your ROV in fresh or sea water, we recommend rinsing off your ROV after use with fresh water (ideally, dunk the entire ROV in a tank of fresh water to clean those hard to reach areas).
Rinsing off your ROV helps remove any environmental contaminants.
SEAMOR ROVs are packed and stored in customized Pelican cases. Use these as the foam inserts provided in the cases are specially designed to provide the best protection available for transporting your ROV.
Controller module care
While you should always treat every component of your SEAMOR system with care, the Controller contains sophisticated communications and video electronics, including the 19″ LCD screen.
Don’t stack items on the Controller Pelican. It’s not waterproof when open, so keep it dry!
Finally don’t forget to unplug the monitor power and video cables from the control panel before closing the lid to avoid damaging these cables and their connectors.