Supply Chain Coordinator
SEAMOR Marine Ltd (Nanaimo, BC) is looking for a Supply Chain Coordinator to join our team.
As Supply Chain Coordinator, you will be responsible for purchasing, as well as inventory, and shipping/receiving functions.
The goal of this position is to support the flow of materials/supplies to maximize efficiency and effectiveness of SEAMOR operations and optimize quality and financial performance.
- Maintain and manage purchasing, inventory, and shipping/receiving functions
- Ensure proper documentation
- Resolve problems, with appropriate consultation
- Develop, recommend, and implement policies and procedures relevant to these functions
- Ensure compliance with relevant rules, regulations, and legislation
- Completion of relevant coursework in the fields of purchasing, inventory, and supply chain is desirable
- Completion of a certificate or diploma program is an asset
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in purchasing, inventory, and/or shipping/receiving, preferably in a technical/manufacturing environment
- Fast learner with a positive attitude
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (English)
- Team player
- High level of initiative, and ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with electronic components & relevant industry materials is an asset
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with suppliers
- Computer proficiency, including MS Office and relevant applications
- Time management and ability to manage changing priorities and timelines
- Superior organizational and planning skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Fast, accurate keyboarding skills
- Familiarity with principles & practices in purchasing and supply chain functions
- Knowledge of relevant legal and regulatory requirements
- Ability to develop effective policies and procedures to support supply chain functions.
Compensation: Wage based on experience and qualifications.
To Apply: Submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is an immediate position, and will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is found.