NANAIMO, December 26, 2019
Anyone looking for an amazing job for the New Year? We are hiring a Senior Electrical Engineer!!
SEAMOR Marine is a progressive company that manufactures subsea observation and inspection-class underwater Remotely Operated Vehicles and accessories. Our facilities are located in Nanaimo, BC on Canada’s west coast. SEAMOR’s brand has built a strong reputation, providing powerful, reliable, versatile, quality technology and outstanding customer service. SEAMOR’s success is the result of a hardworking and talented team of dedicated professionals who believe in our vision and share our values.
We work hard but we also strive to maintain a work/life balance by offering flexible hours, meaningful vacation time, and social bonding opportunities through company-sponsored events and special celebrations. To support our talents’ growth, we offer training programs as well as oversea travel opportunities towards the personal development of industry expertise and leadership skills.
If you join SEAMOR Marine, you will be joining a community of exceptionally dedicated and talented individuals.
Responsibilities and duties include:
- Working under the guidance of the Lead Engineer, the Electrical Engineer will be responsible for preparing electrical/electronic design packages for SEAMOR’s manufacturing facility, designing new systems/components, and researching new ideas.
- The Electrical Engineer will ensure that electrical specifications and updates to designs are correctly documented, including drawings, BOMs, costing, and internal paperwork. They will provide technical support by interacting with members of other departments, customers and outside suppliers. They will also assist with electrical/electronic design and assembly of associated prototypes when requested
- The Electrical Engineer will work from broadly defined system specifications to assist with electrical, electronic, and software designs. They will be responsible for generating schematics, PCB layout drawings and BOMs for the developed designs using Altium Designer. The Electrical Engineer will also generate and update documentation and test plans for products and associated test apparatus, as well as end-user documentation and manuals. As required, the Electrical Engineer will be responsible for integrating 3rd-party components into designs/systems.
- Additionally, the Electrical Engineer will be expected to:
- Provide product verification and instructions for production.
- Assist in providing accurate costing information for the designed system and components.
- Provide assistance to other staff as required (based on availability and engineering scheduling).
- Interact with customers to better understand their requirements and/or explain operation of a system.
- Assist Production in building ROVs & associated systems for custom or otherwise non-standard work orders as required and permitted by work schedule.
This position requires that the applicant have completed a degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited University, with an emphasis on power transmission, control systems, and electric motor drive. Professional experience in an industrial/manufacturing engineering capacity. Greater than 10 years of experience in subsea engineering industry will be considered an asset.
The successful candidate must have extensive knowledge/experience with:
- Concept-to-market product design.
- Brushed & brushless motors and driver design.
- Power transmission over tethers (umbilicals), <1000V RMS
- Power electronics, EMC/EMI suppression, DC-DC conversion, LED drivers
- PCB design with Altium Designer, including working with PCB manufacturers/assemblers
- Working with third-party suppliers such as cable manufacturers, motor suppliers, and fiber optic module suppliers.
- Digital communication protocols including but not limited to Ethernet, RS-485/422, UART, SPI, and CAN.
- Electro-mechanical design.
- Closed-loop control systems.
- Hand-soldering of components, both SMD and through-hole.
- Embedded controllers
- Prototype fabrication
- Troubleshooting hardware and software problems.
- Use of test equipment including multimeters, power supplies, oscilloscopes, function generators, etc.
- Technical writing to create build instructions, test procedures, product manuals, provide technical support, etc.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access.
- Ability to manage time wisely, prioritize tasks appropriately and meet project timelines.
- Excellent communications skills with team members, clients, and potential customers.
- Ability to work well alone and in a group setting.
- Demonstrate a work ethic that focuses on consistency and quality.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent